Sunday, March 4, 2012

Melbourne, (second) home.

Three years ago, I was so afraid of leaving my comfort zone and starting a whole new life abroad. I was so hesitant as I was afraid that I will miss out on things back home and that my new life will not be as good as my life back then. I remember having all those mix feelings; sad scared excited happy nervous all at the same time. But none the less, I've survived three whole years here in Melbourne, and am currently in my final year here, hopefully.




 
Studying abroad is definitely not all what people think it is. Its not just all about fun and games. Being abroad changes who you are, how you perceive others and especially how you view life. It lets you learn more about yourself, teach you how to be independent and how to prioritize. Being an engineering student especially, one really need to know how to prioritize and juggle to have that perfect balance between work and fun. 




Yes, I do miss Malaysia ( a lot) , I do get homesick (a lot), I do miss my family ( a lot),  but I'm glad I decided to come here. It's not just about getting that degree, its the whole journey there that's important. 


No comments:

Post a Comment